1,035 total views, 1 views today
I wished I had more time to write this blog post ahead of time, and not just to write about it today, 31st of December. The last day being on the realm of 2020.
What a year it has been on a positive note!
I’m wanting to focus on the many good things God has blessed me with.
Yes. In spite of how difficult as the COVID-19 pandemic has been for many, it is such a “devastating blow” for the world indeed!
On my cup fillings are things, that reminded me how much good there is in the world, I received through the year 2020. It’s possible that God can bring blessings out of COVID-19 pandemic, so is life’s adversities. And so allow me to share you these good and beautiful things that made me amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Standing in good health. My two sons are my best motivation in staying healthy. As agreed, behind every healthy child is a healthy mother .I regret those times I took a glass or two of sodas in a week or month. But the good thing I have always been reminded of the side effects of drinking sodas. I am thankful my eldest really rarely drink soda. And my bunso, Uri is just tempted to drink because of my little cravings. We had visited the clinic a few times for minor aches or concerns. Thank God for this! That once again we are strong to greet the new year for we have a big God who heals all our diseases, big or small.
- Two years anniversary in public school teaching. I can say teaching is my landing job. After more than 20 years in corporate ladder, I finally landed to my childhood dream of becoming a teacher. Don’t ask me how old I am now. Coming into teaching as a mature individual with 20+ years in the corporate sector, I finally achieved my childhood ambition as an English teacher. I left the corporate world to teach and pursue my love of teaching. As a mother of two grown kids, it is important for me to have a work-life balance. I care about those special moments between loved ones and work.
- Two sons completed the academic year 2019-2020 with honors. They’ve always been doing good in school. We are not the kind of parents pressuring our kids to get good grades. My eldest got accelerated when he was on Grade 8. He did Grade 10 automatically as he passed the PEPT by DepEd Main Office in Pasig, Manila. He’s been a constant participant to the UP Sandiwa Debate Competition. While my younger son at 7 year old, amused us by bagging High Honors in the academe. He is a cartoon sketcher, a swimmer, and the family’s future kick boxer maybe 🙂 With a good perspective and in moderation, I always encourage my kids to be their best is a good thing.
- Homes improvement. My parents are my great inspiration when it comes to spending money wisely. Despite some financial challenges which is normal to every one- me and husband had done quite a few house revisions. Progress never stops. Having the option to work hard as my parents were of which I am thankful to our Creator – is a key to surpass this challenge.
- Family (Clan). I am so much blessed I have a family that is so loving in many ways. My family has always been there for me, in good times and not so good times. We support and love, no matter what! Likewise, family goes beyond bloodlines, last names or obligations. The word ‘family’ includes all the people in our lives who commit to love and support us unconditionally.